Getting Equipment Clean Under Cold Conditions
The February issue of Calving Ease newsletter for calf care persons is now online. Click HERE to access the newsletter.
Key points are:
- Maintaining wash solution temperature of 120° (49°C) is essential.
- Preheat wash sinks before filling with wash water.
- Pre-wash rinsing with lukewarm water helps prevent wash water chilling.
- Use a floating rapid-read thermometer to check wash water temperature.
- Protect your hands with quality rubber gloves and clothes with a wash apron.
- Dump and refill rather than trying to “warm up” soiled wash water.