Dehydration - A Calf Killer
Dehydration is a common issue among calves suffering from scours or diarrhea. The new resource sheet with tips on dealing with dehydration is now on the www.calffacts.com web site. To access click HERE.
- Why do calves get dehydrated?
- Preventing dehydration is more cost effective than treating it.
- 1. Reduce pathogen exposure.
- 2. Increase immunity to pathogens.
- 3. Feed free-choice water.
- Treating it requires timely measures appropriate to the degree of dehydration.