Colostrum Bacteria Control
This is the title of the December issue of the calf management newsletter, Calving Ease.
The content is in 8 parts - steps in minimizing bacteria in colostrum
1. Clean teats.
2. Clean milker or catch buckets.
3. Clean pails for colostrum.
4. Covers for pails and buckets.
5. Prompt feeding of colostrum.
6. Prompt cooling of colostrum to be stored.
7. Clean containers for stored colostrum.
8. Prompt feeding of stored colostrum once it is warm.
The link is HERE.
or to paste to your browser