Colostrum Bacteria Control: 8 Practical Steps to Reduce Bacteria Counts
This resource is in the Metric version of the Calf Facts Resource Library at www.atticacows.com.
The eight steps that are detailed in this resource are:
· Step 1. Clean teats in the parlor.
· Step 2. Clean dump buckets including lids, valves and gaskets.
· Step 3. Clean buckets to collect colostrum as it is harvested.
· Step 4. If buckets or pails are in the parlor, clean covers are used for every bucket before, during and after use.
· Step 5. Prompt feeding of fresh colostrum
· Step 6. Prompt cooling of colostrum if it is to be stored
· Step 7. Clean containers for feeding and storing colostrum.
· Step 8. Prompt feeding of warmed up colostrum
The resource is HERE or type this into your browser