Testing Colostrum for IgG's
The September calf management newsletter with this title highlights:
- Sick calves? Feeding low quality colostrum could be contributing to the problem!
- Make colostrum quality testing part of the dairy's SOP for colostrum management.
- Connect test values to colostrum feeding - keep it simple.
Think about these questions:
- What are the chances of having low quality colostrum?
- How can we identify low quality colostrum?
- Once we have identified low quality colostrum, how do we avoid using it for first feeding for our heifer calves?
- What can we do if colostrum supplies are low?
URL is http://atticacows.com/library/newsletters/CESeptember2018.pdf or just click HERE.