Testing for Passive Transfer of Immunity
There is a resource on testing for passive immunity at www.calffacts.com that includes these topics:
2. Why is passive transfer of immunity important?
3. How can I test for the rate of passive transfer of immunity?
4. Sampling at the proper time and age for reliability.
5. Collecting the blood sample.
6. Handling the blood sample carefully.
7. Separating serum from red blood cells.
8. Using the refractometer.
9. What do the values mean?
10. What BSTP (blood serum total protein) goals should a farm have?
11. What do BSTP values mean for newborn management?
The URL is
or try this link click HERE for testing for passive transfer