The "When" for Oral Electrolytes
November 2019 Calf Management Newsletter
The main points in the letter:
· Electrolytes are only helpful if the calf drinks them.
· The most important ingredient in an oral electrolyte feeding is water.
· As soon as a calf’s manure will no longer stay on top of her bedding she may be losing more fluid than she is consuming – it is electrolyte time!
· What other criteria make sense when deciding which calves receive electrolyte feedings?
· How does electrolyte feeding fit into the daily routine?
· Calves should still have access to free-choice water when receiving oral electrolytes and we should continue our regular milk feeding protocol.
The link to the letter is HERE or use this URL
Post a Comment